[cairo] Some newbie question

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Dec 14 09:45:25 PST 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:31:41 +0100, Nis Martensen wrote:
> I'm not sure where the cookbook/recipe stuff has its place in that
> scheme. If you look at the recipes, you will notice that nearly
> everything is showing python/pycairo code. One idea would be to move
> this stuff to the pycairo section.

Sounds good.

>  - convertctopyandback
>
> 	Also move to the pycairo section?

Yeah, that's python specific too.

>  - operators
>
> 	Put the manual into the wiki proper and integrate this into the
> 	manual. Will try to do that some time next year if nobody else
> 	does.

Excellent! This will be really nice.

> Until that is done, we could declare the cookbook to be some kind of
> "staging area" for pieces of documentation. So if anybody wants to
> improve the documentation, one could take a recipe and

Yeah, I definitely don't want to discourage anybody from sharing
anything. People obviously found things worth sharing and went through
the effort of posting it, etc. So as long as the focus is on moving
existing stuff and making it more clear for future contributions where
they belong, then I'm happy.

Thanks for all of your website maintenance. It's really appreciated!