[cairo] cairo 1.4.12 on Solaris 10, Sparc

Nguyen Vu Hung vuhung16plus at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 22:12:08 PST 2007

2007/12/20, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>:
> The failure list looks like exactly the list of tests that have text
> in their output. So "failures" there aren't that surprising since the
> rasterization of text can differ slightly from one system to another,
> (different versions of freetype, etc.).

Can you tell me what can affect the test result?
I think that "make test" is some kind of regression test suite we've made.
And in this case, because the development system is ( slight
)different ( Solaris ), we can use "make test" to find bugs.

> You can look at the index.html file that "make test" created to see if
> the differences look imperceptible.

# I can't post it now. But
For test cases those passed, output are OK. Otherwise, I can't see the
png files.

> Meanwhile, it would be nice if we had a good way to avoid having the
> test suite report these misleading failures. Perhaps the upcoming
> user-font stuff would allow us to create tests that exercise cairo's
> text code paths but avoid using any system rasterization?

It is not clear for me. Maybe I've misunderstand the purpose of make test.
If the test cases are correct, then make test *should* report valid result.
But as you said, make test has reported misleading failures.
So should we consider to check the test suites?

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )