[cairo] Regressions in PS backend

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Feb 6 16:20:39 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 11:20 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:20:24 -0500, "Behdad Esfahbod" wrote:
> > I want to remind everybody that as we are getting REALLY close to 1.4,
> > everyone should feel obligated to run the test suite before ANY commit.
>
> Or at least before pushing out to the central tree.
>
> I've found it extremely advantageous to take advantage of git and
> find and commit several separate things and then just run the test
> suite once before pushing it all out.
>
> But I'm sure that's what you mean anyway.

Yes, that's what I meant.  And I'm having a lot of fun using git-commit
--amend!

> > Somewhere between 1.3.12 and 2bd590b64987b7f0eb7310666ac20a8309e32842,
> > the rotate-image-surface-paint test has started failing for the
> > Postscript backend.
>
> Uhm... that one's actually as it should be. The test failure isn't
> indicating a lack of running the test suite.
>
> Instead, commit ebc1cd91f80ee154c02651b2db034a4335ca021c, (after
> 1.3.12), is the thing that added the rotate-image-surface-paint test
> in the first place and it's _never_ passed for the ps backend. That
> is, this test was just exposing some older bug that previously hadn't
> been tested. I haven't checked yet to see how old that bug might be,
> (nor what might be causing it).

Ok, it should have been marked as XFAIL then.  We need some force if we
ever want to release 1.4.  Anyone can help here?  Looking into the XFAIL
tests seeinf if they can be fixed?  Also in Carl's summary of stuff that
need to be fixed (should be in ROADMAP).

Adrian, how's the TTF stuff looking?  When I tried, copy/paste was still
not quite there even in acroread for Linux.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759