[cairo] Cairo and OpenGL on Mac OS X

Mirco Müller macslow at bangang.de
Tue Feb 6 19:28:59 PST 2007

Am Dienstag, den 06.02.2007, 11:31 +0100 schrieb Clemens Nylandsted
Klokmose:

> We interested in experimenting with Cairo, but is it possible at all
> to use Cairo and OpenGL on the Mac without using X11?

	While my experience with software-development on OSX (only OpenGL, no
cairo at that time) is more than three years old, I think you can easily
blend cairo and OpenGL on OSX using cairo's image-surfaces and create
OpenGL texture-objects from those without the need for X11.

Have a look at the sourcecode of gl-cairo-cube at:

	http://cairographics.org/OpenGL

	You might even get a better integration using the Quartz-backend of
cairo (configure options --enable-quartz or --enable-nquartz). But I
have no idea about the state of those backends.

Best regards...

Mirco "MacSlow" Müller

email - macslow at bangang.de
www - http://macslow.thepimp.net