[cairo] Re: Thread-specific linked-list for locked FT_Face objects

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Feb 13 08:25:45 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 02:28 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:

> Given all the above, what we decided to implement is a simple linked
> list of locked FT_Face objects stored in a thread-specific data
> area.

I suggest that we treat this part of the API as broken-by-design and try
to come up with a thread-safe way of accessing FreeType objects that
doesn't rely on cairo using ugly tricks of this nature. I think this
will require thread-safe interfaces in FreeType, which appears to be the
basic source of the difficulty.

keith.packard at intel.com