[cairo] Background image

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:54:33 PST 2007

On 2/16/07, Olivier Jolet <olivier.jolet at skynet.be> wrote:

> [...]

It's quite possible that you don't have to use the glitz backend to
get a nice speedup. Alex Mac recently sped up his lander game from 6
fps to 70 fps by just optimizing his own code to use cairo more
efficiently.

The lander game (with full source code):

http://alexmac.cc/lander/

The cairo thread about optimizing the game:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-January/009062.html

If you share your code (and maybe some profiles, too), it's likely
that someone on this list will also help you get better performance
without having to use a different backend.

Dan