[cairo] user_data and get_reference_count APIs

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Feb 21 14:50:03 PST 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:34:23 +0000 (GMT), Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
> It adds user_data to the public objects that were missing them (cairo_t, cairo_pattern_t, cairo_scaled_font_t):
>
>   cairo_get_user_data
>   cairo_set_user_data
>
>   cairo_scaled_font_get_user_data
>   cairo_scaled_font_set_user_data
>
>   cairo_pattern_get_user_data
>   cairo_pattern_set_user_data
>
> It also adds a get_reference_count method to all five of the public refcounted objects:
>
>   cairo_get_reference_count
>   cairo_surface_get_reference_count
>   cairo_font_face_get_reference_count
>   cairo_scaled_font_get_reference_count
>   cairo_pattern_get_reference_count
>
> How's this look?

The above looks pretty good to me.

With this in place, will mozilla have everything it needs from cairo
1.4 API-wise?

> [2 cairo-user-data.patch <application/octet-stream (base64)>]

This, on the other hand, doesn't look good at all. It's hard for me to
review a base64-encoded attachment (or at least this one...I think
others were actually working for me recently---maybe it's the
content-type or disposition).