[cairo] Yet another canvas based on Cairo

Fontana Nicola ntd at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 2 03:46:29 PST 2007

Hi all,

I started a project based on Cairo:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adg/

This is a non-interactive canvas. The goal is quite ambitious: provide a set
of typical CAD entities to easely create technical drawings. This can be
useful for applications (either web-based or standalone) in manifacturing
industries that have a lot of similar pieces and want to automatically
generate the drawings (the project is started exactly for this purpose).

The dependency tree is:
- Cairo
- GLib
- Gtk (only to run the demo program: this dependency will be optional)
- gcontainer (http://sourceforge.net/gcontainer/: this is a little
library to provide parent-child relationship: I will see if it is better to
include it in the ADG project or leave it alone ...)

The project is in very early stage of developement and there is a lot of work
to do. Anyway, if you want to take a look, the demo program is functional.

If someone shares the needs of such library and want to help me (comments,
suggestions but overall code), feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

-- Nicola