[cairo] pyglitz?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jan 2 09:19:40 PST 2007

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 13:22:01 +0000, "Alex Mac" wrote:
> Doing smooth animation with cairo in pygtk seems quite a challenge, I
> was hoping to use the glitz backend to speed things up but I cant seem
> to find any python bindings for glitz, does such a binding exist?

I have no knowledge of python bindings to glitz, but I'm generally of
the opinion that we should first fix the X server, (which can use
glitz or OpenGL or anything else), before making applications
dependent on OpenGL and glitz.

> I'll post my little game on the web sometime soon so that people can
> maybe help me get the best out of cairo, but right now the Qt4 branch
> is running much smoother.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing what you've got. We're always
looking for new performance test cases for cairo. And new games to
play aren't bad either, (I'm _working_ here, not goofing off, honest).

> Oh, and happy new year :)

Thanks! Happy new year to you too. Personally, I enjoyed my break very
much, (no posts to cairo@ from me since December 23 you might notice),
but I'm also quite glad to be back and I'm looking forward to our next
round of performance improvements.

Those improvements, plus some stabilization work, (such as fixing all
the locking bugs that Monty found), and I think we'll be in good shape
for an exciting cairo 1.4 release in January still.