[cairo] Improving PDF output

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sun Jan 7 10:04:47 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 08:53 -0500, Alp Toker wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on these approaches to
> improving
> PDF output in Cairo.

These are great stuff Alp.  Where's the patch?

We've wanted to avoid the offsets for quite some time.  Good to see you
hacking on these.  We need to do something similar in the PS backend
too.  It's good to keep PS/PDF backends as close as possible.

As for going back from glyphs to characters, that's probably the best
one can do in PDF without falling back to ToUnicode.  So, Thanks!

> PS. Reading through the code, I spotted a few typos for which a fix
> is
> attached.

I committed that last night when you sent it over IRC, and then went on
and spell-checked all our docs.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/