[cairo] Lander Game

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Jan 8 15:38:06 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 23:29 +0000, Alex Mac wrote:

> > You shouldn't render to an image surface.  Do it to a surface
> created
> > using cairo_surface_create_similar(), passing in your destination
> > surface.  This way you get a pixmap in the X server instead of a
> local
> > image, so the image does not have to be transferred to the X server
> at
> > all.
>
> that sounds better, but I cant see any way of doing that in pycairo.
> Is it possible for whoever is in charge of pycairo to generate some
> API docs for it?

[behdad at home pango]$ python
import Python 2.4.3 (#1, Oct 23 2006, 14:19:47)
>>> import cairo
>>> help (cairo.Surface)
Help on class Surface in module cairo:

class Surface(__builtin__.object)
 |  Methods defined here:
 |
 |  create_similar(...)

It takes the same args as the C API: content, width, height.  Use
cairo.CONTENT_COLOR_ALPHA for content.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/