[cairo] editing a loaded SVG file

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 13:42:45 PST 2007

On 1/11/07, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On 1/11/07, Simon Flannery <simon_flannery at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > But once the SVG is loaded, do we have access to the DOM? Or the node and
> vertices themselfs? Or just the RSVG handle? Don't get me wrong, the RSVG
> handle is great, it both quick and easy to use at the high level. But I
> think I need low level vertices access.
> >
> > And ideas?
>
> You could write it as an SVG-based Web application and run it in Firefox.
>
> (Shaver: you should have told him this. STAY ON MESSAGE)

Simon, you can get all of Gecko's dynamic SVG abilities into a
stand-alone app using XULRunner. Oops, that might not the the message
as Rob was referring to.

There's been talk about adding a DOM level 1 interface to rsvg (a year
and a half ago):

http://www.advogato.org/person/donscarletti/diary.html?start=21

but nothing has materialized. Look like the only DOM you'll currently
find in rsvg is Mr. Lachowicz.

Dan