[cairo] Re: Embeding JPG in PDF

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jan 12 16:43:16 PST 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:26:28 -0800, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> Aren't there already immutable surfaces in cairo, such as solid colors?
> Or the gradients?

We call those "patterns". The defining aspect of a surface is that it
can be the target for drawing.

And there is one kind of pattern that can be created from a surface,
(you mentioned the other two kinds which a solid and gradient
patterns).

> The image should be whatever class can be passed to cairo_set_source.

That's cairo_pattern_t.

> If this is a surface, then attempts to draw into it can produce errors.

Not a surface. So that part is not anything to worry about at least.