[cairo] cairo_get_dash_count and other cairo getters

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jan 18 13:13:57 PST 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:04:51 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> Yes. I've attached a patch below that fixes these, (and I'll go ahead
> and push it out now as well).

I've pushed it out now, but before I did I checked that these calls
are at least exercised in the test suite (in get-and-set) and I also
fixed up that test to match the API change.

I also looked back at the original patch that add cairo_get_dash and
cairo_get_dash_count. The same patch also contributed the following
functions:

      cairo_pattern_get_rgba
      cairo_pattern_get_surface
      cairo_pattern_get_color_stop_rgba
      cairo_pattern_get_color_stop_count
      cairo_pattern_get_linear_points
      cairo_pattern_get_radial_circles

And all of these functions also return a status value, (and hence, the
one single-valued function, cairo_pattern_get_surface), does that by
accepting a pointer to a cairo_surface_t* rather than just returning a
pointer.

But I think we want to leave all of those as is, since the significant
status value that can be returned by any of these functions is
CAIRO_PATTERN_TYPE_MISMATCH. And that's an error that has to do with
the call itself, which is quite different than any error that could be
reported by cairo_get_dash which would be a pre-existing error inside
the cairo_t that could be queried with cairo_status().