[cairo] Transformation order : erratum

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jan 19 15:59:05 PST 2007

At Fri, 15 Dec 2006 00:30:35 -0300, Claudio Saavedra wrote:
> Is anyone tracking this? It looks serious to me.

Yes, this is a serious bug, and I did have a note to go chase this
down in my inbox.

I've now added a new test case (scale-down-source-surface-paint)
that's just like the previous scale-source-surface-paint except that
it sets up a scale by (0.5, 0.5) instead of a scale by (2, 2).

As expected, it fails with the PDF backend, but it passes for all
other backends.

This new failing test case will help us to remember to fix this bug
before the 1.4 release.

My suspicion is that the bug will not be hard to fix, (if I recall
correctly, I couldn't find a way in PDF to specify a non-repeating
pattern... so instead we specify a "large" repeat increment, but
apparently the calculation of a large enough value is buggy).