[cairo] cairo_xlib_surface_create and BadRequest

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Thu Jul 26 09:34:25 PDT 2007

When I call

cairo_xlib_surface_create( xc->display, xc->pixmap, visual,
					 width, height );

in my program, sometimes I get the following error message:

 X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  0 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  17

What is strange is that if I call this function for the first time,
things work smoothly, but for the second time (for a different pixmap
etc), they don't.  Any advice on debugging would be appreciated, ie
what could generate this inside cairo_xlib_surface_create.

Thanks,

Tamas