[cairo] New algorithm for antialiased polygon rendering

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jul 30 13:58:13 PDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:47:57 +0300, "Kiia Kallio" wrote:

> If you are interested in improving the performance of software
> rasterization in Cairo, you should check my polygon algorithm,
> "Scanline edge-flag alogorithm fon antialiasing". Paper (published
> in TPCG07 conference proceedings), presentation and full source code
> (with BSD license) is available from my site,
> mlab.uiah.fi/~kkallio/antialiasing/.

Hi Kiia,

Thanks for sharing your work with me. It's always very encouraging for
me to see new, useful graphics work being published along with a
corresponding free software implementation.

I'm including the cairo mailing list in my reply in case someone wants
to take a closer look at your work and experiment with integrating it
into cairo itself.