[cairo] patch for cairo_traps_extract_region

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Wed Jun 13 17:03:18 PDT 2007

The current implementation of cairo_traps_extract_region calls union()
in a loop to add subsequent rectangles.  This adds a new pixregion
method to take a passed-in array of rectangles, initialize the region,
and then call validate() on that region.

One thing I'm not clear on... pixman_region_validate returns a variable
indicating whether any of the rectangles overlapped; if they did, does
it fix the overlaps and just return the flag to let you know?  Right now
I assume that it leaves in overlaps and just bail out of the
optimization if there are any overlapping rects, but I believe Carl
mentioned that the tessellator can potentially return overlapping traps...

    - Vlad