[cairo] [cairo osx] OS X example

Ipacs Péter peter at ipacs.hu
Wed Jun 20 06:52:51 PDT 2007

Hi there,

I'm quite new to cairo so please excuse me if I ask obvious questions:)

I'm trying to build the quartz example from the CVS (
http://webcvs.cairographics.org/cairo-demo/quartz/) but it fails.
This is what I get:
cc -g -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
-Wredundant-decls `pkg-config --cflags cairo`   -c -o main.o main.c
main.c: In function 'TestWindowEventHandler':
main.c:65: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of
'cairo_quartz_surface_create'
main.c: In function 'RedrawTimerCallback':
main.c:188: warning: 'SetRect' is deprecated (declared at
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/QD.framework/Headers/Quickdraw.h:2401)
main.c: In function 'CreateTestWindow':
main.c:205: warning: 'SetRect' is deprecated (declared at
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/QD.framework/Headers/Quickdraw.h:2401)
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

What do you think about it?

Another question:
Are there any OS X examples around that can be used out-of-the-box? I mean
examples that does not require hundreds of dependencies and can be compiled
by a simple 'make' or something.

Cheers,
Peter