[cairo] Cairo version now at 1.5.1

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jun 27 17:34:03 PDT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:24:39 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:50 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
>
> >  * Vlad's 24.8 work. Vlad, did you need more review on this or is it
> >    ready to go?
>
> I haven't seen much discussion over the split here; is 24.8 the 'obvious
> right choice' or are there arguments for 26.6 or 28.4? 24.8 does avoid
> alpha-level banding on 8-bit alpha surfaces; is that a sufficient
> justification?

We haven't had that discussion yet, no.

But I also think I was unfair to call Vlad's work "24.8 work". I
believe his code is just a #define away from supporting any of the
options you propose above. So we can definitely explore things easily
here.

That said, anybody have any interesting opinions in that discussion?

As one data point: I did a back-of-the envelope calculation once of
how many bits inkscape would need to support zooming out to its
builtin limit, drawing a full-screen object, and then zooming in to
its builtin limit. I think I came up with something like 27 bits to
not have to worry about overflow in this case.