[cairo] Erasing A Line

Allen allen.saucier at cas-inc.com
Thu Jun 28 06:18:21 PDT 2007

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the hints.  & yes, I use Gtkmm.  I was thinking of "layers"
or "surfaces" but being so new I don't really know how to use the
effectively.  I'm checkout the "examples" right now.

But it sounds like, from what you have said, that I use 1 surface for
the Background (bg) image, and the "apply" another surface for drawing
on, which would need to be "clear" or really transparent.  Then I draw
on the transparency.

Is this correct?

So, more questions!  Does anyone have any code that uses surfaces as
layers that I might use?

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate your help.

--
Sincerely, Allen

Gene Allen Saucier, Jr
Software Engineer
EDO-CAS, Inc
Madison Research Park, Bld 111
111 Research Blvd
Madison, AL  35758
"...As for I and my house, we shall follow the Lord"  Joshua 24:15