[cairo] [cairo-announce] cairo release 1.4.10 now available

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Jun 28 07:03:13 PDT 2007

Allen writes:
 > I'm a newbie w/ Cairo & the product is GREAT!  I use Gtkmm v 2.10.6 for
 > Windows.  I'm compiling w/ .Net 2005.  Is there anyway to update my
 > version of Cairo to the latest version w/o killing my dev environment?

What is your current cairo version? As you saw in the announcement,
there didn't seem to be changes from 1.4.8 that would affect the win32
backend that much, so there shouldn't be any immediate hurry to
upgrade to 1.4.8.

If you don't have cairo 1.4.8 already, you can get it prebuilt for
Windows from
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/ . Just
unpack the cairo-dev-1.4.8.zip file on top of where your current cairo
headers and import libraries are, and correspondingly the
cairo-1.4.8.zip file on top of where your current cairo DLL is.

Have a look inside the zipfiles first with some good tool that shows
the folder structure and doesn't try to be too clever (I recomment a
plain command-line unzip.exe...), and compare to what you have in your
development environment, and it should hopefully be reasonably clear
what goes where.

Once I get around to build cairo 1.4.10 for Windows and upload it, the
zipiles for it will be in the place mentioned above.

--tml