[cairo] fixing Cairo's FreeType multi-threaded usage

David Turner david at freetype.org
Fri Mar 2 18:29:19 PST 2007

Hi Jan,

no, this is not normal at all; I'm running my desktop on this patch and
haven't seen any regression in performance. Are you sure your merge happened
without conflicts ?

the long story is that some of the intermediate commits in the patchset do
produce correct behaviour and very poor performance, but this is normally
fixed in later ones.

In the event your merge didn't work correctly, you could be left in one of
these hideously slow cases. I've just checked the patchset file, and the
changes described there seem ok.

Could you give more details about your test cases ? it may be interesting.

Regards,

- David