[cairo] cairo 1.3.16 with quartz and atsui

Baz brian.ewins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 05:58:27 PST 2007

On 05/03/07, Travis Griggs <tgriggs at cincom.com> wrote:
> I'd like some clarification pretty please. I'm using 1.2.6 right now on PPC
> OSX. I actually use both interfaces. I have some stuff that uses xlib
> interfaces, and other which goes straight through the quartz interface. When
> I get around to upgrading to 1.4, am I still going to be able to do this?

Short answer is no, unless you build yourself 2 libraries (or are you
using both in the same program?). Long answer is we should be able to
do this but it needs a bit more work to fix it up. My change was just
intended to better document the build options, quartz + xlib havent
been buildable together since at least 1.3.14.

I've not looked into splitting up cairo-boilerplate as Vlad described
earlier in the thread; but changing something that's used all over
cairo seemed like a Bad Idea with 1.4 imminent. Unless someone more
familiar with that jumps in and does it right away, its not going to
be in 1.4.

Cheers,
Baz