[cairo] cairo 1.3.16 with quartz and atsui

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Mar 5 14:43:27 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 22:00 +0000, Baz wrote:

> Ok, mea culpa. If any-with-any is wanted, how about the patch below
> (for 1.4.2). It makes quartz and atsui independent again. Doesn't fix
> the quartz-xlib issue in cairo-backend.
>
> This produces nice results with quartz+ft, the known rotation/scaling
> errors in quartz+atsui, and works with image+atsui (no quartz). It may
> even work with xlib+atsui once the other issues are sorted. Previously
> I've tried using atsui glyph surfaces in firefox, and I got no text on
> controls though, so there might be problems I havent seen with
> quartz+ft. The only other issue is that I don't think old_show_glyphs
> in atsui is used any more, it could just be removed (in a separate
> patch).

Thanks.  Looks really good.  I'd suggest you remove
_cairo_scaled_font_is_atsui() and directly use:

  if (cairo_scaled_font_get_type (scaled_font) != CAIRO_FONT_TYPE_ATSUI)
	return CAIRO_INT_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED;

That's what win32-surface.c does for example.

After that, I'm fine with you pushing this.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759