[cairo] Debugging cairo-related X hangs

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu May 3 11:19:39 PDT 2007

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> I don't really have a second machine to debug from, unfortunately, and
> using two servers running on the same machine doesn't seem to work
> (can't interact with either one while one of them is hung).

Just to clarify... I did hunt down another machine at some point and try
debugging that way.  It took forever to do anything (I was able to type at about
4 chars per minute) and after about 15 minutes of X being hung the machine froze
up altogether (stopped responding to the network, etc).

Once it gets into that state, the only thing I've found that will resolve the
situation is a hard reboot.  Before then, Ctrl-Alt-Backspace works (with a 3-4
minute lag).

-Boris