[cairo] getting X11 libs

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Wed May 9 10:27:53 PDT 2007

On 5/8/07, steve kirby <thin_runner at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In reference to my previous email regarding
> compilation errors for cairo 1.4.6 on RH 8.0 system.
>
> It doesn't know what PictStandardA1, PictStandardA8,
> etc. are.  From the archives, it appears my Xrender.h
> is the culprit.  It looks like I have Xlib v1.6.
>
> Question: where can I download new X11 libraries?

Some distributions have an xrender development package. But I remember
someone saying that RH 8.0 has a version of xrender that's too old to
work with cairo (you should find it in the list archives). I'm sure
you have a good reason for not upgrading your distro (the "easy" fix),
in which case you can try to compile cairo w/out xrender
support...although I also remember someone complaining that that
doesn't work either ATM.

Either way, I'm not the best qualified to answer your question. I just
jumped in because I hate to see these questions go totally unanswered
:)

Dan