[cairo] License question

Nguyen Vu Hung vuhung16plus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:39:46 PST 2007

2007/11/6, Thomas Stover <thomas at wsinnovations.com>:
> Can somebody clear this up for me? I want to know if I could (in
> concept) make a closed source application that uses the graphviz
> libraries, like with LGPL libraries. I can't deal with reading the
> legalese. This is not something I even really want to do, but the
> question was brought up.

I think you did mean "graphiviz libraries" something like .so or .dll.

It seems like you can't do that with CPL 1.0.

However, if your program is dynamically linked to graphiviz libraries,
it will be ok. You don't have to public your source code.

From
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-cplfaq.html

Do I need to include the source code for such Program with the object
code distribution?
No. But you do need to include a statement that the source code is
available from you and information on how to obtain it.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu