[cairo] Can't draw more

Gary Jaffe gfj555 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 17:38:52 PST 2007

I'm new to cairo, and I wrote a small pygtk application that uses cairo
to draw a background on a gtk.DrawingArea.  Drawing the background works
fine, but I also have a button that when clicked does some more drawing
on the background.  When I execute the context.stroke() statement
following the button click, I get the following error.

cairo.Error: the target surface has been finished

Obviously, I'm missing something here.  Can someone please clue me in on
how to draw more on the background after the background is already drawn
or point me to some documentation that will tell me?

Thanks,
Gary