[cairo] Plans for 1.6?

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 27 16:34:09 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 13:13 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:

> EXTEND_PAD definitely. Also, the rest of the "goofy X server visuals"
> work, (meaning support for mask-based format compositing in pixman and
> probably taking the pseudocolor patch for cairo). Then also fixing
> pixman to handle A8 masks with a stride that is not a multiple of 4.

Pseudocolor visuals is something which is blocking some of our user-base
with older terminals, and its inclusion would be another major step
towards getting this accepted as a drawing library in gEDA. (Electronics
CAD). I'm really looking forward to this being in, as I've been trying
to push cairo for some time.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton