[cairo] performance difference between image and win32 surface?

Danilo Gulamhussene danilo at impara.de
Thu Oct 18 07:58:53 PDT 2007

Hi,

i have experimented a little with Cairo, cause we plan to use it for
rendering in a larger project.
Some performance tests stated, that using a Win32 Surface is about 5
times slower than using an Image Surface on my system (Windows XP).
(I wrote the small tests on my own, cause I did not manage yet to build
the performance tests included in Cairo.)

Could these results be correct, or am I doing something wrong?
When yes, what is the reason for this performance difference? I would
find it much more straight forward to render directly into a Win32
Surface instead of rendering in an Image Surface and then copying it
into the window.

thanks in advance,

Danilo

--
Impara GmbH
Firmensitz: Listemannstr. 10, 39104 Magdeburg