[cairo] PDF Text Extraction: Future

Bill Spitzak spitzak at thefoundry.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 06:20:32 PDT 2007

Yes actually you are probably right. I was not thinking ahead. The
problem is that the program is calling Pango, and it is Pango that needs
to change behavior, not the calling program. So querying the surface as
to whether this stuff should be done is probably a good idea.

I think there may be a desire to make a "small" pdf that deletes all
this information. But that could also be a flag on the pdf surface that
causes it to return that it does not need this information. The program
can turn this on/off according to user preference.

--
Bill Spitzak, Senior Software Engineer
The Foundry, 1 Wardour Street, London, W1D 6PA, UK