[cairo] Regarding Cairo Optimization for ARM PXA320

Dan Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:15:34 PDT 2007

On 10/26/07, Sandeep Agrawal <sandeep.a at samsung.com> wrote:

> I am currently optimizing text rendering in Cairo for the PXA320 Monahans
> processor.
>
> I just want to know that is it possible to convert the double computations
> (specifically affine) to 16.16 or 26.6 fixed point format (any chance of
> overflow or precision loss?)

Yes, there is a chance of overflow and precision loss.

> or do I have to go with processor specific
> assembly optimizations?

I don't see how this is an either/or situation. How did converting
doubles to fixed-point and using assembly optimizations become your
two options for text rendering improvement?

I assume that your profiles show that floating-point emulation is the
bottleneck? Can you share with us your data?

Dan