[cairo] Cairo-1.6.0 on solaris10 build failure

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Apr 11 12:57:05 PDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:46:25 -0500, Dean Brundage wrote:
> Please provide some pointers on this build failure.  Thanks.
>
> cairo-ps-surface.c: In function `_cairo_ps_surface_emit_header':
> cairo-ps-surface.c:110: error: too few arguments to function `ctime_r'
>
> The man page for ctim_r says it takes three arguments:
> char *ctime_r(const time_t *clock, char *buf, int buflen);

Not "the" man page. There are obviously more than one. The one on my
system says:

	char *ctime_r(const time_t *timep, char *buf);

CONFORMING TO
	POSIX.1-2001.   C89  and C99 specify asctime(), ctime(), gmtime(), local‐
	time(), and mktime()

NOTES
	The four functions asctime(), ctime(), gmtime() and localtime() return  a
	pointer  to  static data and hence are not thread-safe. Thread-safe ver‐
	sions asctime_r(), ctime_r(), gmtime_r() and localtime_r() are specified
	by SUSv2, and available since libc 5.2.5.

Suggested fix, anyone?

-Carl

> NOTICE: This message including any attachments is confidential information of
> Sun Microsystems, Inc. Disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited
> without permission of Sun. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply
> to the sender and then delete this message.  This is a PRIVATE message.
> are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly
> advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content,
> this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract
> unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative
> expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

PS. If this is really a private message, then please be advised that
the intended recipient, (cairo at cairographics.org), is a public mailing
list with permanent, public archives. We have no provision for
deleting messages sent there, so the best we could do to follow your
request here is to block any messages you would send in the future.

If you don't want us to do that, then please don't ask us to delete
your messages and to not copy or distribute them. Thank you.