[cairo] Docs for Python bindings to Cairo

Michael Slinn mslinn at mslinn.com
Mon Apr 21 00:06:58 PDT 2008

> Aaarrgh! I "fixed" this a day ago :) It seems I forgot to upload the new file.
> I have now, as "Cairoglyphics2.0.1.tar.bz2".
> It looks like the donkey image appears in a few places on the pngs but not in
> others, which is a little weird but may be something I did with pattern fills
> or something. The new file seems to work better.

If you send me the corrected PNG(s) you'll save me a couple steps.
> I have not downloaded your "cairo.zip", but assume it
> contains the svg. If not, and you can manage it, please provide the 'source'
> which is the SVG tarball.

The zip doesn't currently include the svg, but I'll add it next time I
upload.

>> Let me know of  any errors.
>> 09-cairoglyphics.1.2.png seems to have a problem.
>>
> I didn't see anything really. Am kind of fuzzy as I just got up ;)

Turns out image 9 shouldn't have been there anyway so we're good.
>> I'll delete the page and images when they find their proper home,
>> whereever that might be.
>>
> Well, if you have space problems hosting it then you must do so. If not, then
> you can keep them around as you like.

I've got lots of space (I have 5 machines in a half rack in a data
center.)  My hope is that this document might eventually reach some sort
of official status and get hosted on http://cairographics.org.

>> I'd like to add more words to these images so that the topics I
>> described are addressed.  Random sentences from interested parties would
>> be welcome; even better would be coherent paragraphs.
>>
> I did try to setup an account on launchpad (and prior to that on freedesktop)
> so that others could edit the file in a distributed way, but two things got
> in the way: I'm an idiot and I'm an idiot :D
> Still, feel free to hack the svg as you like, observing only the CC licence.

I might move some of your notes into the text, so that it reads better
and so search engines can find it.
> Finally, go visit the cairo website, look for the "cookbook" where there are a
> few pycairo entries that may help.

Those cookbook entries are pretty terse.  If you (or anyone else) cares
to email me information that fills in the blanks that I am leaving in
the document, and perhaps type up a bit more of whatever might be
relevant, I'll put it all together.  As I write more, I'll leave more
blank spots for others to add their $0.02.

Mike