[cairo] Moving Pango from atsui fonts to CG fonts?

Richard Hult richard at imendio.com
Mon Apr 21 13:42:55 PDT 2008

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
 > I've made Pango trunk require cairo >= 1.6.4 now and removed the back
 > compat cruft I had to add in for 1.20.2.

Note that 1.6.4 doesn't install the quartz-font pc file so I guess that
won't really work until 1.6.6 is relased (it's fixed in git).

 > Can someone go ahead and port pango away from atsui fonts to native
 > cgfonts?  I imagine only the basic-atsui module should use ATSUI and
 > everything inside pango/ should be moved away from it.

Basically the only place where pango uses ATSUI is in the module, the
rest uses a mix of ATS and NSFontManager mostly to do enumeration, which
CGFont doesn't handle at all, so I don't think we can do much about that
(we can wait a while and depend on 10.5 and use CoreText which is
supposed to replace the old ATS* APIs).

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/