[cairo] Problem with using Cairo on win98

Hakki Dogusan dogusanh at tr.net
Mon Apr 21 15:15:26 PDT 2008

Hi,

(Thanks for reply)

Carl Worth wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:48:47 +0300, Hakki Dogusan wrote:
>> Is win98 made an unsupported platform with 1.6.4? It is not mentioned in
>> changelog.
>
> Here's what cairo/README has to say in 1.6.4, (though the main body of
> this text has been around since 1.0 I think).

I read tons of changelog but didn't think to look at README :(

> Every rare once-in-a-while someone mentions wishing it would work on
> some older version of Microsoft Windows, but nobody has ever done much
> to make that happen, (that I recall at least).

It seems my memory is faulty! Maybe, previously I did run only a few
small test file on win98, and concluded that Cairo works there.
Yesterday I wanted to run CairoPad on win98, it didn't worked... So, I
thought it may be due to new version.

Sorry for wasting your (and other replier's) time, I should be test
carefully before asking questions.

--
Regards,
Hakki Dogusan