[cairo] problems with text rendering, 1.6.4

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Mon Apr 21 17:32:10 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am the author of the cl-cairo2 Common Lisp frontend.  Recently a
user (using version 1.6.4) informed me that text rendering is broken,
ie fonts are rendered very small, but as if kerned for the correct
size.

This is what it should like:
http://www.princeton.edu/~tpapp/misc/text.svg

Here is an example of how the PS backend goes wrong:
http://www.princeton.edu/~tpapp/misc/text.ps

I was not able to reproduce this, on my machine (exact same cairo
version) destroying the context (to close the file) gives an invalid
floating point exception.

The output PDF backend just appears as a blank page in gv, but
displays correctly in acroread:
http://www.princeton.edu/~tpapp/misc/text.pdf

I looked at the bugs, but didn't find anything that looks like this.

I can provide the example code that generated these (it is in Lisp,
but maps into C commands straightforwardly).

Thanks,

Tamas