[cairo] problems with text rendering, 1.6.4

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Thu Apr 24 19:18:08 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:43:45PM -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What would definitely help is a C translation of your test case that
> hits the bug...

Hi Behdad,

Yes, I understand that you guys would be happiest with a C
translation.  But I am not much of a C programmer and the program
would be quite complicated to translate.  Still, I am going to do that
but only as a last resort.

I read the mailing list archives and have seen cairo-trace mentioned.
I run it as directed, but only get the following output:

cairo_ps_surface_create (0x8080cb0, 500, 500) = 0x8085ce0
failed to lookup 'cairo_surface_t' pointer [0x8085ce0]FT_Open_Face
(path=/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/Arial.ttf, 0) = 0x80895e0

and nothing else.  There is a /var/lib/cairo-trace/sbcl.5965 created,
it is 3 bytes long.  Is this how cairo-trace is supposed to work?

Is there any other way to get a trace of the actions I asked Cairo to
do?  Eg maybe a backend that just writes commands with parameters to a
text file, etc.

Thanks,

Tamas