[cairo] cairo Summer-of-code participant introduction

Bill Spitzak spitzak at thefoundry.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 19:43:46 PDT 2008

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Indeed, for moving around computers I much refered to C. Until C++
> ABI stability is otherwise proofed. Otherwise the OpenEXR implementation
> would be fine.
>
> I dont know if dependencies or parts of Cairo are allowed to be other
> languages than C.
>

> kind regards
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann

Actually what I thought could be done is to extract the algorithms from
the C++ code and make a "C half" library. The main things to get are the
casts to/from float which would be C functions, and the constants like
the limits. Most of the rest is operator overloading which can be
ignored (almost all the math seems to work by converting to float, doing
the function, then converting back).