[cairo] cairo_rectangle bordering

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Aug 5 14:50:10 PDT 2008

Hello,

when two cairo_rectangle's are drawn, each bordering the other, they
appear sometimes with a small one pixel wide line shining through the
background colour along the border. This is not what I expect as the area
is positioned to be covered completely by the rectangles.

drawing geometry      expected          observed
of rectangles          result           artefacts

 +----+----+         +---------+       +----.----+
 |    |    |         |         |       |    .    |
 |    |    |         |         |       |    .    |
 |    |    |         |         |       |    .    |
 |    |    |         |         |       |    .    |
 |    |    |         |         |       |    .    |
 |    |    |         |         |       |    .    |

Unfortunedly the same happens with a transparent background too.
Is there a special way to obtain the expected result in Cairo?

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management