[cairo] Basic cairomm questions

Jan Slupski jslupski at juljas.net
Fri Aug 8 16:01:00 PDT 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Ian Britten wrote:
>
>> Understood.  It's what I had assumed.
>> [ NB - As a Cairo user, I would hope to use it in a platform
>> independent way.  Even though I am on Linux, if you someday say
>> that Cairo is Unicode-clean, I would (obviously) hope that that
>> would include Windows, etc too ]
>
> Cairo is Unicode clean.  It just doesn't care what's inside the
> filename.  It will directly pass it to fopen.  If fopen doesn't work
> reliably on Windows, I don't think there's a platform-independent way to
> do it.

Oh, you can always take an utf-8 filename, convert it internally and
pass to underlying fopen in whatever encoding it expect. Just not sure
if this is what Cairo *wants* to do... :-)

(But why not, more or less this is what Cairo do with graphics objects,
isn't it?)

Jan

  |_| | | | \|                             http://juljas.net/