[cairo] Custom UserFont sizing questions [RESOLVED]

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Fri Dec 12 11:16:19 PST 2008

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Ok, I suggest:
>
>   cairo_glyph_path()
>   cairo_copy_path()
>   cairo_new_path()
>   process path here and add back to cairo_t
>   cairo_stroke()
>
> All this in your UserFont render callback.

Ding! Ding!  That works, and if you're happy with it, then so am I!
:)

[ Although that 'process path' part ends up being pretty hairy...
There doesn't seem to be any easy way to remove stuff from a path,
and I also got tripped up by the extra CAIRO_PATH_CLOSE_PATH (and
subsequent CAIRO_PATH_MOVE_TO) entries I found in there...  :P
Anyways, I just copied the points out that I wanted... ]

Again Behdad, many thanks for all your help and patience.
Ian