[cairo] Cairo and animations

Pietro Incardona asmprog32 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 15:27:25 PST 2008

I am on FC8 cairo 1.4.14.fc8I am using C++ to program with Cairo, and for the first time i want to create a smooth 2D animation( is a Real time 2D X - Y graph that we can consider as an animation because is refreshed to reach 30 / frame sec )All the draw is about 80 + 160 lines 20 texts and 80 rectangles (filled + stroked for borders) 40 rectangles semi trasparent in the worst conditionand an approximation exceednow i hasAxis = near 30 frame / sec ( 80 lines + 20 texts )Axis + Points ( are rectangles with borders )  = near 8 frame / sec (80 + 160 lines + 20 texts + 80 rectangles filled + 80 stoked)Axis + Points ( rectangles with border ) + regions ( are semitrasparent rectangles ) = from 5 to 1 - 2 frame / sec (80 + 160 lines + 20 texts + 80 rectangles filled + 80 stoked + 40 rectangles semitrasparent filled)now 8 is bad,  5 and 1-2 is unacceptableI has thinked that the problem is into my source , or i am drawing bad into cairo. After 2 day spent to search potential bugsand my bad using of Cairo, googling everywhere to find samples tutorials examples to understand my error , i has compiledthe code finded herehttp://www.cairographics.org/threaded_animation_with_cairo/     ( copy , paste and compiled)results ?   1 - 2 frames / sec, so is not a problem into my sourceNow my question is, Can i create a smooth animation ( 10 - 15 frame minium ) ?I Choose cairo and discarded OpenGL because 2D is not his primary function, i has done an error ?