[cairo] Pixman - refactoring of fbFetchTransformed - performance issue

Antoine Azar cairo at antoineazar.com
Tue Feb 19 14:56:38 PST 2008

I've re-ran the perf suite (paint, paint-with-alpha and fill for
mag/min) with the repository version of Cairo and before/after the
pixman-compose refactoring, and reposted my results on
www.antoineazar.com/refactor2.htm

My findings:
-In terms of performance difference for the refactoring, same thing.
I get 1-2% variations, either faster or slower.
-As for the over/source differences I observed earlier, they were due
to my work in progress regarding the optimization. Over was 3x faster
than it is in the repository. Weird though source wasn't as fast,
I'll check if I'm optimizing it with the fill operator too or if I'm
missing that.

If anyone else could run the perf suite, it would help.
Thanks,
Antoine