[cairo] pdf problem on windows

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Fri Feb 22 14:52:23 PST 2008

Dominic Lachowicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used Gnumeric 1.9.0 on Windows [1] to save a simple workbook as a
> PDF, which I've attached. The output is blank, and I'm guessing that
> it's because the stream length objects all have bogus-looking values,
> like "68744696783962428". Gnumeric was built against Cairo 1.5.11.
>
> Any thoughts Adrian?

Looking at your attached pdf, every long number in cairo-pdf-surface.c
that is printed with %ld is being treated as a 64-bit number. However
the bogus values indicate that long is a 32-bit integer.

It looks like cairo was compiled as a 32-bit binary while the dll
containing printf is assuming 64-bit.

> Is this maybe related to
>http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-February/013060.html?

Probably not. Every long integer is affected including font metrics and
the xref table.