[cairo] Path Gradients

Bobby Salazar bobby8934 at inbox.com
Fri Jan 4 09:47:01 PST 2008

I don't agree, path gradients are very useful for non-radial gradients. Suppose you wanted to add a shadow behind/below a non-radial path? A path gradient makes this trivial, and without a path gradient it can be near impossible for some shapes.

Also, take a look at the buttons on the calculator in the below screenshot. They would not be possible without (the "simple" type of) path gradients.

http://www.vgdotnet.com/articles/calculator/calculator_and_clock.png