[cairo] Odd bug in 1.5.6, not rendering all of attached Inkscape file

Terry Brown terry_n_brown at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 14:20:04 PST 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:49:39 -0800
Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:

> OK, this is easy enough to track down. Here's the problematic part of
> the SVG file:
>
> 	transform="matrix(0,0,0,1.6325284e-4,565.79486,-4323.8978)"
[snip]
> And for now, I'll be interested to hear how well your complete
> document is rendered if you simply delete this rectangle from your SVG
> file, (which by definition isn't drawing anything anyway).

Many thanks for your prompt help.

Rendering of the whole document is correct when the offending rect is
deleted.

I don't think the page size had anything to do with it, that was the
page size in the document I was working with, but I suspect the source
of the evil transform was another SVG file I imported.  It was road map
data in UTM coordinates, which are numbers in the 10^6 to 10^7 range - I
think I should scale the actual values before mixing them with
things in the more typical pt range.

Thanks again,

Cheers -Terry