[cairo] How should bindings deal with surfaces of unknown type?

Dominic Lachowicz domlachowicz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:54:04 PST 2008

Hi Behdad,

On Jan 30, 2008 2:37 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
[snip]
> >   2) Make create_similar always return a public surface type.  That is,
> > PS/PDF/SVG for PS/PDF/SVG.  Then we really have to make sure all the
[snip]
> We should do 2 for 1.6.  Any takers?

You'll have to ignore my ignorance for a moment. I thought that a
major development in the 1.5 series was the fact that when painting
"similar" surfaces, PS/PDF/SVG now embed native PS/PDF/SVG content via
replaying the "similar" meta surface. And before, they'd embed a
high-res image of the similar surface.

If this is the case, I'd be wary about introducing any regressions
around such a juicy feature, especially so close to a major release.

Cheers,
Dom