[cairo] CairoPlot, ploting graphics with Python and PyCairo

Gustavo Carneiro gjcarneiro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 02:37:55 PDT 2008

2008/7/1 Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Gustavo Carneiro <gjcarneiro at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > 2008/7/1 Rodrigo Araújo <alf.rodrigo at gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> My name is Rodrigo and I've been using PyCairo for a while now, and
> would
> >> like to congratulate everyone
> >> responsible for this library, it simply works.
> >>
> >> So, that said, I've developed a plotting library using Python and
> PyCairo.
> >
> > Not trying to put you down, but there is the excellent matplotlib
> already,
> > which has an optional gtk/cairo backend.
>
> I love matplotlib, but still you have to admit his graphs look a hell
> of a lot sexier than the defaults spit out by Matplotlib.

Indeed they do.  But for scientific publications you do _not_ want sexy
looking graphics; it's a matter of scientific culture.

> Nice work Rodrigo!

Yes, very nice work.  I won't write papers with it, but for anything else I
now know what to use :-)

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
INESC Porto, Telecommunications and Multimedia Unit